The Temple Beth Am Religious School is committed to bringing the love of Judaism to children, in an engaging way. We are blessed to have such a talented staff that uses imaginative and innovative methods to educate and inspire our students.
Our Religious School program is designed for students in grades K-12. Our curriculum focuses on Jewish Holidays, Hebrew, Jewish Rituals, Torah, Mitzvot, Israel, and Jewish values. We use the Chai Curriculum in Grades 2-6 as well as the Mitkadem, Prayer Book-based Hebrew curriculum. Grade 7 focuses on Jewish values and B’nai Mitzvah Prep.
Temple Beth Am Religious School Schedule 2019-2020:
- Sunday classes will meet in one session from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Students in grades K-7 will attend classes on Sundays.
- Wednesday classes will meet from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Students in grades 3-6 will attend both Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Monday classes will meet from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Students in grades 8-12 will meet only on Monday nights (Post-Confirmation: 2x a month)
- B’nei Mitzvah Prep: Mondays – 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Meets in three 40 minute blocks)
Family Shabbat Services:
- November 1, 2019: Led by Grade 4
- December 6, 2019: Led by K-2
- January 31, 2020: Led by Grade 3
- May 1, 2020: Led by Grade(s) 5-7
Family Engagement plays an important role at Temple Beth Am. We believe in parents being partners in their child’s Jewish education. Each grade participates in family education during the academic year. The programs center around topics they are learning in class as well as topics that are relevant for families.
PARENT ENGAGEMENT EVENT PROJECT
This year we are happy to introduce our parent Engagement event projects! We have four dates and projects selected so we can all come together and connect to build relationships and connections while supporting Temple Beth AM and our students
Please sign up for our project dates below and return it to our religious school office by 9/30!
Love our neighbor Service day with Jewish Teen Initiative- We will be helping with a project to support Woodrow Wilson School and JFS Clothing Closet. this event will take place at Temple Beth Am.
Please feel free to come to part or all of the event, any help is appreciated. Parents will be helping with supervising the kids and the projects the kids are helping with.
Cooking Latkes for our Sisterhood Sponsored Hanukkah Party
Helping Jewish family services clothing closet
Temple Beautification Day
We are excited to see you all!! Please sign up for one or all of our events.
Any questions please contact Jami Stein, School Committee chair at 781-354-1925.